In accordance with the Customer Service Standard of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Lenczner Slaght has developed policies and procedures for the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities. Lenczner Slaght is committed to ensuring that the requirements set out in the AODA are rigorously observed.
This policy applies to all employees of Lenczner Slaght, and to any third party that provides goods and services on behalf of Lenczner Slaght who may interact with the public or third parties.
Providing Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
a) Communication – When communicating with a person with a disability, Lenczner Slaght takes into account the particular needs and circumstances of the individual, employing appropriate methods of respectful communication.
b) Assistive Devices – Lenczner Slaght permits and facilitates the use of personal assistive devices by persons with disabilities to obtain, use, or benefit from the goods or services we provide. Our staff is prepared to help with the use of various types of assistive devices by persons with disabilities accessing our goods and services.
c) Service Animals and Support Persons –Persons with disabilities who require the accompaniment of a service animal or support person are permitted to access all areas of our premises open to the public. Our staff is prepared to interact and assist with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
If there is a temporary disruption in the facilities or services usually employed by people with disabilities, we will provide clients with notice as soon as possible, including:
(1) The reason for the disruption;
(2) The anticipated duration of the disruption; and
(3) A description of any alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for Staff
Lenczner Slaght has provided training to each individual employee as soon as practicable after he or she is assigned the duties which require the need for training. Updated training is provided on an ongoing basis whenever changes are made to our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that the Customer Service Standard is properly implemented and followed at all times.
Our training program consists of the following components:
- the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the Customer Service Standard;
- how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- how to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
- how to use equipment or devices available on the premises of Lenczner Slaght or otherwise provided by Lenczner Slaght that may help with the provision of goods or services to a person with a disability;
- what to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the goods or services provided by Lenczner Slaght; and
- our accessibility policy, procedures, and practices relating to the Customer Service Standard.
Recruitment and Hiring Process
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process.
Please direct all requests for accommodation to:
130 Adelaide St W
Canada M5H 3P5
Questions and Feedback Process
In order to properly assess the needs of persons with disabilities, Lenczner Slaght encourages feedback from individuals on the way we provide services to persons with disabilities.
Feedback can be directed to:
130 Adelaide St W
Canada M5H 3P5
Lenczner Slaght will address complaints that arise through the feedback process in a timely manner.
Any modifications made to this policy and any related policies will be for the purpose of improving our ability to provide services to persons with disabilities. Any change made to this policy or related policies will carefully take into account the impact it may have on people with disabilities. Any provision of this policy or related policies that does not enhance our ability to provide goods and services to persons with disabilities will be modified accordingly.
Distribution of Policy
This policy and any corresponding practices and procedures are made available to any person who requests. Lenczner Slaght posts notice of the availability of these documents on all premises to which this policy applies.